Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Real Busy and Real Tired....

Interior is 95+% back together. The "missing" things are cosmetic, and don't affect the function of the car.

Stereo is installed, and it works.

Laundry is in the dryer and I'll finish packing when it's dry.

I took a break and went to the closest Radio Shack in the area that's still open so I could get a three-way splitter for the cigarette lighter socket. Say what you will about Radio Shack, they do have a lot of useful stuff there that's hard to find at other brick-and-mortar stores.

The car only has one receptacle, and I'll need to run both my GPS and Valentine One on the drive there.

And I'm trashed. I have bruises in places I forgot I had, my hands look like I went three rounds bare-knuckle and lost, I have scrapes on my knees like a ten year old gets, and I'm sweaty, grimy, and beat.

And the car needs to be washed. At this point, I'm just going to clean the windows inside and out, and drive it there crummy.  I don't care what other people think. They don't know the effort I've put forth over the last month or so, so screw 'em!

I'm going to Vegas in the Supra.......

I'll post again after I get there.

6 comments:

  1. Run it through a car wash when you get there :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got here about 1830. By the time I got checked-in and moved my car to the secure place it was about 2000.

      Then I ran into numerous friends, and now here it is 2350!

      I'll wash it tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Nope. Had my radar detector on the whole time and watched 5 or 6 cars and one motorcycle get stopped.

      3000rpm, 75MPH, and TWENTY-EIGHT miles per gallon!

      Delete
  3. Vegas is a fun place. Haven't been there since 1980, I expect it has changed some since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Vegas is definitely an interesting place!

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...