WELL.......seems I miscalculated a bit when it came to measuring the the rack space I had for the new(er) TEAC A-4300SX tape deck.
It was a bit over 1/8" too tall to fit into the available space, so everything came off the shelf above, and I raised it about 2".
Now it even has enough room for an even bigger deck, with 10.5" reels, should I so desire.
And since the Pioneer receiver had never been given a proper cleaning since I bought it, I dove into that.
Think I can handle this?
It was more than a bit grungy inside:
I'm amazed at the amount of dirt all over this tuning capacitor:
And in other places:
Very clean under the bottom plate:
And I pulled the front panel off, as there was a motley collection of "dirt" on the dial and the backside of the glass, which just drove me NUTZ.
It took about 30 minutes with the shop vacuum and a soft bristled brush to knock all the splooge off the internals and vacuum it out, and another half hour or so to clean the dial assembly. Then I spent an hour or so cleaning the aluminum front panel, and another hour cleaning and buffing the knobs.
All back together and shiny again:
And here's the finished (for now...) rack, all back together (for now...) and playing beautifully.
Hope y'all have a great weekend. I have to shuttle down to DIA to pick up SLW who was visiting a friend for the last week. Spent a lot of good "Garage Time" with my son just hanging out and discussing Guy Stuff.