Masked off parts of the tail yesterday and shot some paint on it.
It came out better than I expected....
Kind of hard to tell in the above picture, but the paint covered fine, flowed out nicely, and -GASP!- it even came out SHINY!
Here's a "Before and After" shot of the spoiler center mount point.
And here's the antenna mounting hole after the sand/prime/sand routine.
The rear edge of the spoiler was all chipped and dinged up, because when the spoiler is off the car, it very handily stores by standing it up against a wall or something. The bad news it that the bottom edge gets plunked down on whatever is on the floor, and if you don't protect that edge, the paint gets the living snot beat out of it.
I tried lightly wet sanding it, but some of the dings were completely through the paint and primer, and into the fiberglass. OUCH! So I went at it with some 600 wet-or-dry and a spray bottle of water to keep it wet.
Hard to see, but this is after the third round of sand/prime/sand.
I'll flip it over tonight and get the bottom of the rear edge.