And where's my Tylenol??
So far, we've spent about 12 hours on this unexpected "project", but we made a significant dent in it since Thursday when I started using the saw.
We went from this:
To this in the back:
And from this:
To this in the front:
Besides the one bundle-of-sticks in the second photo, we have this for the tree guy to haul away. The pile is about 20' long, 4' high, and 3' deep.
And we managed to salvage a bunch of firewood. This is *maybe* 20% of what we'll have when I'm finished. Still have some small branches and twigs to bust off this pile:
But this pile is about ready to stack. The one log that's split is where the upper third of the trunk broke and peeled away from what's left of the tree.
And I still have this big dude to dismember:
It's about 10' long and 8~10" in diameter, so I'll either have to saw or split the logs once I cut them to a manageable length.
Time for a hot shower and some dinner.......