Sunday, August 6, 2017

Documents Signed, Should Be "In Escrow" Early This Week

And now the waiting begins.....


And the packing.


I'll start going through the garage this week to see what I'm going to keep, what I'm going to sell, and what my wife will insist I throw away.


The big thing to sort will be all the car parts I have for the Supra. I have gaskets, hoses, belts, water pumps, tune-up parts, brake and clutch master cylinders, clutch slave cylinders, and a ton of other stuff. That stuff can get packed away for shipment, except for the belts and hoses. If I drive the car I'll take those with me. If I ship the car I'll stow them inside.


Radio gear, both in the house and the garage, will get packed for shipment, except for my little Elecraft K2, power supply, SignaLink, and portable antenna. I'll want to take those with me so I can get on-the-air at our temporary dwelling. And I'll take a VHF/UHF handie-talkie or two. The Jeep has a Kenwood TM-D710 in it, and that should be fine for checking into local nets and making some new Ham Radio friends. The radio also has a GPS receiver connected to it, so I'll be "trackable" using any of the APRS applications out there.


And I'll take my camera, a couple of laptops, and a suitcase full of clothes, including my N3B parka!


With the 45 day escrow ( ! ) the buyers insisted on, it looks like we'll be here through September. Our realtor told us the buyers should have all their funding in place after 21 days, so we might be able to push them a bit faster than 45 days, but that remains to be seen.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Maybe not time yet for a deep breath, but you can start breathing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now all the "Strum und Drang" of moving begins....

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the sale. Maybe the longer escrow will be a blessing, giving you more time to sort through all your stuff.

    Schedule could be a bit tight, but coming up in October there's BARCfest: http://www.qsl.net/w0dk/barcfest_files/barcfest.html and then in November the TechFest: http://na0tc.org/doku.php?id=techfests -- yeah I know, Veterans' Day weekend, well, we had some schedule issues with the venue.

    Up that way, there's the Northern Colorado Amateur Radio Club, but I don't know any of those folks, being further South as I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's two clubs in Fort Collins. One is at CSU, but not very active. The other is the NCARC who has their meetings in Loveland.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! A safe move to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might be cutting it close with the weather, but Well Seasoned Fool has given us an alternate route to drive if the weather is too bad at the end of September to drive the "Northern" route through Utah.

      Delete
  4. I'd let escrow do what escrow does. There are things that you can tinker with, but my sense is not to tinker with that. What's 15 days, really? More time to pack. AND remember that if you push, home sales do fall out of escrow.

    In my recent sale, I had some buyer-related problems but allowed escrow and the agents to hash it out and make the sale work without sticking my finger on the scales and I'm glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't think I'd want to mess things up.

    And you're right, it gives us some "cushion" to have...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the sale and best wishes for a safe journey forward.

    Not an expert on escrow by any means, but I agree with LL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as much as we want to get OUT of here, LL has good advice. We'll not sweat the "extra" 15 days at this time.....

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....