I was afraid I'd either done something wrong, or there were worn parts
that I'd missed, or that Murphy would exact his revenge, but everything
turned out GREAT!
My setting the caster adjustment on the front strut rods was spot on, so
close in fact, that the young guy didn't want to adjust it, as he said
he doubted if he could get it any closer.
The "specified range" is 3.69* to 4.69*, and my shade tree measurements
wound up giving me 4.19* on the left side, and 4.29* on the right side.
Front toe specified range is .09* to .16*, and I had .39* on the left, and .29* on the right.
After adjustment it was .14* on the left and .12* on the right.
Front camber measured at -.25* left, and -.30* on the right, the result of dropping it.
At the rear, the specified range for toe is -.09* to +.09*, and mine measured .13* on the left and .12* on the right.
After adjustment I have -.02* on both sides.
Rear camber measures -2.14* on the left, and -2.22* on the right, also the result of the drop.
So, the alignment is probably as good as it's ever going to be, and I'm cleared to go to Vegas!
Gonna have a bite to eat, finish up the adapter plug/wiring harness for
the new radio, and then get back to work so I can have most of the
interior back in the car.
One thing I noticed when he was pulling the car on the alignment rack is
that one of my brake lights was burned out. So, I stopped at the
O'Reilly's store I always go to and bought all new bulbs for the rear.
The bulbs I took out were "Koyto" brand,made in Japan, and might very
well be the original bulbs that came with the car.
The young guys at O'Reilly's came pouring out of the store when I pulled up, and were all smiles, thumbs up, and hand shakes/fist bumps to me.
They've been hearing about the car for two months now, and really
flipped out over the wheels/tires and stance.
They were amazed that all
the bodywork is straight, that the paint is original, and none of the
flares are cracked or broken.
More to come.......