Got the cross-boom mounted through the elevation rotor, mounted the preamps and antennas, connected all the cables, and walked the tower up.
And I had it all finished 30 minutes after the last satellite passes (of the satellites I normally use) of the day.
So, I decided to give SO-50, an FM satellite, a try, and I talked to one of my friends in Arizona.
The next satellite I wanted to try was AO-73, aka "FUNCube-1", which is one of the reasons the SDR USB "dongles" got popular. I'd heard the earlier pass, but I'd never made the correct changes to my tracking and control program to use it, so while I was able to hear the downlink, it was so late in the pass I was able to manually juggle the radio knobs fast enough to make any contacts through it.
And on the next pass, it was too low to the east, and almost behind my garage, so no joy there, either.
I did manage to copy a lot of packet radio traffic from the Space Station tonight, but they probably won't be active on Field Day.
Oh, well.......I have about 4 hours on Sunday to do some further testing before we have to leave to go to the Father's Day festivities on the Iowa.