Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Back Home!

 And I have almost 1000 emails to sort through.....DUH!

No problem getting in and out of SLW's car, and up the driveway into the house. The half-flight of stairs from that level to the main level is also no problem. Even made a cup of coffee unassisted.

 Getting from the lowest (Den/laundry/garage) level to the Main Level (Living, Dining/kitchen/sunroom)is easy, as it's only 5 steps. Going up to the top floor isn't bad, either. I did very well going up and down stairs, once they taught me a few things. And I have a walker up there, specifically for upstairs use.

Have not tried to go down in the basement yet, as SLW would most likely get quite nervous. Probably this weekend. Our Visiting Nurse comes by tomorrow afternoon for a meet-and-greet, and our Visiting PT gal will do the same a day or two later. If/when they clear me for basement access, I'll be quite happy.

I've already gone into the garage for a tool and some hardware, and had no problem. Yes, the Extension Cord of Doom has been removed  and banished. The cord reel goes up this weekend when my son comes by. The screws on my walker were loose, and one was missing, so I just had to fix it!

 Pebbles, as expected, turned into a Screaming Yellow Zonker for about 20 minutes, licking me everywhere she could reach, and wagging her tail so hard the back half her was a blur. It's nice to know you were missed!

Tomorrow morning is my appointment with the urologist, and we'll start looking seriously into the problems I've been on-and-off having for the last several months.

Next week is my appointment with my Primary Care Doctor, which should be fun. She's quite good, and can have a wicked sharp but subtle sense of humor.


10 comments:

  1. We get the "Pebbles Treatment" after just going to the store for an hour from our little Chihuahua mix, Tucker. LOL

    Glad you're home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pebbles does it when you make a 10 minute round-trip to the mailboxes!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the good news my man. Take it easy, there isn't any hurry to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rallying cry in the hospital and rehab was "Hey, I got stuff to do!", which cracked them up.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have been! Some of the standing leg exercises knock the stuffings out of me....

      Delete
  4. Glad you are home. The upside of your stay was missing a couple of nasty storms. (Don't know why my original comment didn't post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't know why my original reply didn't stick!

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...