Friday, July 30, 2021

Big Rain!

 The barometer went way up, and the temp dropped about 25*, and it's pouring here. NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Alert, and Flash Flood Warnings. Per the NWS weather radio, over 1-1/2" of rain have fallen, and up to two inches more could happen.

The dark red areas are the burn areas from last summer, and the yellow area is the storm warning area.

The weather map was updating when I did the screenshot, so there's a bit of missing data to the West.


Here's one a few minutes later.


As "usual" (or so I've been told....) out here, the worst of it is mostly East of I-25, and there were reports of "Quarter-Sized" hail from up around Wellington.

Yeah, slow "news day" here. Had to completely strip the rack the stereo is going to reside in as it was blocking the outlet I want to use, and I wasn't going to move it with that much weight on it. A side result is I'm also going to anchor the rack to the wall. Even with the heaviest items on the bottom, I don't want to find myself needing a hand-hold to get up off the floor, and accidentally grabbing the rack. A couple of hundred pounds of vintage equipment landing on me would not be pleasant.


4 comments:

  1. We have had flash flood warnings the last 10 days or so here in central AZ. Quite a bit of rain but no actual flooding other than in the low spots where it runs off usually within a few minutes. We've had no hail yet this monsoon season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NWS is reporting over 1-1/2" of rain in the burn areas, with the forecast calling for up to another 2-1/2".
    And the Big Thompson River has started to rise, with rain continuing overnight, and through Tuesday.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Rte 34 to Estes Park gets clobbered again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get my car windows up before it hit us but we only had about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We started with big drops, then it poured for 15~20 minutes, then stopped, then drizzled for an hour or more.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...