Just got home from work, and I'm going to try and finish doing a good cleaning job on the copper-plated chassis of my Drake R-4B. One of the things I've found works quite well is bore cleaning patches. Soft, absorbent, and very flexible. WAY better than paper towels wadded up into little pads, and they last longer than Q-Tips or other swabs.
After that I have a few more mods to do, clean the PTO shaft and carefully lube it, and I'll change out the old, crusty line cord for the new one. I'll have to open up the hole in the chassis for the new bushing, but that shouldn't be too hard. The do the alignment, and she'll be ready to go, just waiting on getting the case shells redone. Ummmmmm...POWDER COAT, and by the same company that painted them for Drake back in the 60's.
Then on to the transmitter!
Admiral Yamamoto infamously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And so it should be, a nation of riflemen....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Booger's Acting Up Again.....
Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys. Anyway...Seems like the Summer ...
-
On Friday, the 29th, and 1215pm local time. Surrounded by family and friends, and her two dogs. Things have been a bit hectic here, as expe...
-
Thanks for all the well-wishes on Facebook. Went to the Hu Hot Mongolian BBQ , and it was great, as always. And yes, all the memes saying ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it civil, please....