Sunday, March 24, 2024

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them), and the wind is whipping it up at about 25~30MPH. It's a good night to stay inside, have a big Mug-O-Joe, and listen to the scanner. I get near real-time updates on the road conditions from the snow plows and deicing trucks, and this storm is getting nasty. When you hear a plow operator say "Yep, it's started. They're already crashing...", you know the roads are slippery.

I got the garage swept out, and put SLW's car inside, and then retreated back in here. I've been cleaning up my old paper files in the basement, and I've just about filled two yard-sized trash bags with shredded paper. And I FINALLY went through, cleaned out, and organized, my two-drawer filing cabinet.

Almost finished with the reorganization of the "Electronics" bench. Moved the test equipment to be more usable, and moved around the work surface and anti-static mat top eliminate the dead space between the work surface and edge of the table it sits on. That worked so well that I'll do the same over on the "Mechanical" workbench.

So if you live out here, keep warm and dry. If you live elsewhere, act appropriately. And regardless of your locale, keep your head on a swivel. I think we may be in for a Long, Hot Summer......

8 comments:

  1. Glad you can be inside. Some part of that is coming this way. Gets here tomorrow. Very windy. Rain. Thunderstorms. Gusts can be as high as 70. And of course the possibility of tornadoes.
    You all be safe and God bless on this Palm Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty windy for a while last night, but we only got a couple of inches, and it's mostly gone now.

      Delete
  2. Damsel and I will be headed northward to enjoy some of your type of weather. We're hitting Flagstaff and Monument Valley over the next few days. After that, we will be heading to Texas via stops in New Mexico.

    Keep warm up there and we will be trying to do the same in the RV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early this week I hired a helper to reorganize a storage shed I've rented for years. A large portion of the contents are my middle son's stuff. Looked through my collection of tools scavenged from the pawn shop bins. Between the lack of hand strength and the prominent belly most will not be used again. About 1/3 of the contents went into a dumpster. The collection of old computers and laptops goes to the recycler this week after the nasty weather clears. Why am I storing son's stuff? Mutual inertia, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...