Wednesday, September 11, 2019

God Bless My Sweet Little Wife

For letting me do Guy Things, like clean parts in the kitchen sink:




No, I didn't drag an oily, greasy front cover in from the garage!

I cleaned as much of the road grime and oil deposits off of it as I could out in the garage. Since this is a plastic part, it has to be really clean or the paint won't bond properly to it. Warm water and dish soap are excellent at getting off any remaining oils, and it fits in the kitchen sink nicely.

I'll check it again after it dries overnight, and spot clean any remaining deposits with brake cleaner, which doesn't leave any residue. We'll be getting a few days of nice, warm, sunny weather, so I'll get it wrinkle painted and baked out.

And the wiper arms are finished!



Time to reassemble them, bag them, and put them on the shelf until needed, after the windshield replacement.

And after carefully inspecting the second coat of color under a strong light, I find I have a few 'light spots' where the paint looks "shadowed", so they need another coat.



Just about have the NLE software I'm using to edit the Rist Canyon video figured out after trying a few versions. I did all my "work" using Adobe Premiere Pro, and these are all laid out differently, and function a bit differently than I'm used to. The same thing happened when I switched between Photoshop and GIMP.

I'm too lazy to drag out and set up the audio/video editing PC I have down in the basement, so time to get used to using Linux software again.

6 comments:

  1. You are one EXTREMELY lucky man my good sir.
    The Wifely Unit would flip out the likes of which would probably register on the Richter scale if I tried to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she's a keeper, Phil!

      The timing cover was pretty clean when I brought it in the house, and she knows that I would dump a greasy cylinder head in the sink to scrub, but still....some wives would abso-freakin-lutely flip out if they saw that....

      Delete
  2. No dues paying, card carrying wife would put up with this, Doc. She's either blind, senile or barred from the kitchen for unknown reasons. Perhaps she's confined to an iron lung in another room? That would explain much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Supra is going to be a show winner by the time you're done. Not that that was your goal or anything... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, NFO, but it would take $25k of bodywork, paint, and interior (oooohhhh...LEATHER!) to make it a 'show winner'.

      It looks like a junker compared to some of the ones my friends in my Supra Family have.....

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...