Saturday, November 24, 2018

Fast Moving Front Coming Through

And it's bringing lots of wind.

From the NWS website:

This Afternoon
Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Windy, with a west northwest wind around 29 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. 
 
Tonight
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 27 to 37 mph decreasing to 14 to 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected. 
 
I dropped the whip and collapsed the tripod for my BuddiStick vertical on Thursday, and I got the fence gates secured (I hope...) last week, so we should be good-to-go.

Sunday night the low is expected to be 18*, but the wind hazard warning expires at 0200 Sunday morning, and low/nil winds expected for the rest of the week, so I'll get the vertical back up.

Still holding out for another "Sixty Degree Day" so I can roll the Supra outside to degrease and pressure wash the engine bay again, and get all the areas I missed last time.

Then I can drain the coolant, get her back in the garage and up on stands, and start knocking off the Deferred Maintenance tasks that have been nagging at me since I first bought the car.

And I can pull the interior so I can install the new carpet and new heater core, and find the doggone alarm system module so I can get the instruction manual for it.

6 comments:

  1. As long as I just do "one thing" per night, I'll continue to progress with it.

    Was gonna go talk to the upholstery shop dudes (two very good ones here) next week, but the $1200 hit for new rims and tires for the Jeep kinda put that on indefinite hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the freight train that is Colorado winds when the fronts are moving through. Nothing like hurricane force winds for a few hours slapping the antennae around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or blowing open the fence gates, blowing down fence sections, etc, etc, etc.

      Delete
    2. Or blowing a blasted Toyota Yaris from lane to lane!

      Delete
    3. It blows my Grand Cherokee around, so I can imagine what it does to a Yaris....

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...