Thursday, May 23, 2013

If *I* Could Play The Electric Guitar.....

I'd want to be able to play it like this......



You know I smoked a lot of grass.
Oh Lord! I popped a lot of pills.
But I've never touched nothin'
That my spirit couldn't kill.
You know I've seen a lot of people walking 'round
With tombstones in their eyes.
But the pusher don't care
If you live -- or if you die.
God Damn! The pusher.
God Damn! The pusher.
I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.
You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With a lump of grass in his hand.
But the pusher is a monster
Not a natural man.
The dealer for a nickel
Goin to sell you lots of sweet dreams.
Ah...but the pusher will ruin your body;
Lord he'll leave your mind to scream.
God Damn! The pusher.
God Damn! God damn the pusher.
I said God Damn! God damn the pusher man.
Well now if I were the president of this land
You know I'd declare total war on the pusher man.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he run,
And I'd kill him with my bible, and my razor and my gun....
GOD DAMN! The pusher
God damn the pusher.
I said God damn! God damn the pusher man!

8 comments:

  1. Great song! Damn the pusher, anyhow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning story there. What happened after? Good luck!

    Have a look at my homepage - Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you mean the wailing lead part and not the pretty simple rhythm part ;-)

    A guitar isn't really more complicated to operate than a QWERTY keyboard, just harder on your finger tips. It's just wire and wood. Playing it is 90% physical strength and coordination. The other word for that is "practice".

    If you really want to play, well, as the pusher man used to say, "first one's free, man". You could play that in a few years from not knowing the first note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had guitar lessons, trumpet lessons, clarinet lessons, and piano lessons.

    The only ones that "stuck" a little bit were the piano lessons.

    I was also in the A' Capella choir for 4 years in high school, and can sight read music by singing it.

    My problem was that I never practiced the instrument I was taken the lessons on, other than to learn the exercise enough so the teacher wouldn't yell at me the next time!

    If I were to start playing something again at this point in my life, I'd probably get a keyboard, as I enjoyed that the most, but back in the 1960's it was hard to lug a piano around, while everybody had a guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in the marching piano band, and I'm still sore.

    But seriously... I started guitar in junior high school, played at it for most of my 20s and into my 30s. I taught myself piano for a few years, and never got really comfortable with it. About 2 1/2 years ago, my wife egged me into picking the guitar back up again, and I've been learning more than I've ever known about playing and music. Playing about half an hour a day, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, the old "How do I get to Carnegie Hall?" syndrome.

    About the best I was able to do on the guitar was to play rhythm, and to play simple solo stuff. I never developed the talent to just pick one up and "wail away" on it.

    I love music, and can sing fairly well, but I've always lacked that "left hand/right hand" coordination skill for playing most instruments.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....