Tuesday, May 2, 2023

WHOOPIE!! Went For A Drive Today!

 It's the little things that count, like being able to get in and out of my truck and drive it comfortably.

Which I did today, and even had SLW stamp my Medical Certificate as "OK To Drive".

Had my next-to-the-last visit from the PT gal today, and she's very happy with my progress. The Visiting Nurse will make her last call later this week for her Medical Evaluation, and I expect to be released from their care in the next week.

Hey, I got stuff to do!

And while you're at it, swing by "Bustednuckles" and drop a little cheer in Phil's bucket. He's having some med issues, too, and needs a bit of cheer.

Or maybe a double bourbon.....


Something my son posted on my Fakebook page:

11 comments:

  1. Great news, drjim. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The progress is amazing, Sir. So happy to hear that you're knocking off the milestones with relative ease.

    Love the vinyl reference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're on the mend and driving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. WE have a slight issue with that. The tags expired, and I never received any notice, like when the truck or Hyundai come due. It's on the 5-year "Collector Vehicle" plates, which means it's also due for smog inspection. Chicken, meet egg. I'll have to run up to the Courthouse and talk to the nice people there. I'll even show them my new 7 inch scar if they don't believe me about "Being busy, but was on the lookout for the renewal notice, which never came". Otherwise, yes. I'll have my son help me get it off the jack stands, check the oil, air the tires, clean the glass, and away we go! He's never had a ride in it.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear you're ticking off those milestones! It sure is great to see that progress as you're going through it. Another step closer back to being fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SiG! It was "One Of Those" events that happens, and it threw me for a loop for a couple of months. Still stiff and sore in places, but I'm going up and down the stairs without my walking stick, working in the basement, and getting ready to get the Supra out for the season.

      Delete
  6. Good news! And yes, the toon is hilarious AND true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son can be very observant, and rather cynical at times. Just like me.....

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Meet Luna!

 Great name for our new pup, eh? She's camera shy, and "Red Eye Removal" doesn't work for dogs! She's two years old, p...