Thursday, May 18, 2023

Discharged From PT!

 YAY! The PT gal was here today for the last time, and she said I was doing very well. Passed my "Final Exam", and she told me (again) that I was doing better than I felt I was, and to just keep doing the exercises "As Needed" to help strengthen the muscles in my right leg.

Next week the nurse will come by to check some things, and then my PT/OT In-Home Therapy is finished.

Picked up another1/2" of rain overnight and today. The new grass we planted in the backyard hasn't come up yet. I think we need some warmer weather, and then it should pop up out of the new dirt we covered it with.

The speaker project is rolling along nicely. I rebuilt the crossovers after deciding I just didn't like the circuit board I bought to build them on. Even though it's sold as a "Universal Two-Way Crossover Board" it still required some modification, and the parts weren't held down. So I rebuilt them as separate crossovers, one for the woofers, and one for the tweeters. It just looks neater, and will be easier to mount them in the speaker cabinet. I still have to "foam" the inside of the enclosures with some of this stuff to deaden any internal reflections. Then I have to wire them, mount the crossovers, check things again, and glue/screw the remaining cabinet side on. Then off to the garage to sand, fill, and paint them.


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're making good progress on everything you've set out to do, willingly or not.

    We're getting some rain and thunderheads the last couple of days and looking like it will be back this evening. Day temps on the 90s and muggy when it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seven weeks out since I took the dive. Tomorrow will be seven weeks out from the surgery
      The PT gal and the Doctors are saying I'm acting more like I'm 10~11 weeks out, so I guess I'm ahead of schedule. Sure is nice to be able to hop in the truck and go somewhere!
      Started bringing the Supra out of hibernation. I put the Battery tender on it, running the extension cord above my head this time......!

      Delete
  2. That's such good news! You sound more up-beat (with cause). It's been a grind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LL. Yeah, I got into a slump for a week. Just didn't want to do anything. Then I drove myself to the Urologist's yesterday (everything's cool), and it was such a beautiful day that I got all fired up again to get the Supra out, smogged, and renew the tags.

      Delete
  3. Great news and good progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely. I think the "plateaus" get smaller the more you improve, and not having "big" things happen, like "Hey, I can get in and out of bed without help" gets frustrating. But I can go up and down stairs easily, walk around the block, get the mail, drive to the store, etc, and that's a big improvement from just a few weeks ago.

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...