Friday, September 3, 2021

I Gots Nuttin'....

 Quiet week....


Took my son to the airport Tuesday, and he headed back to Lost Angeleez to get the rest of his stuff. He'll stay in St. George tonight, and then head up through Salt Lake, and East to Cheyenne, and South to here.

SLW came back last Sunday from a trip to see some friends in Oklahoma, which made two trips to DIA this week. Oh well, at least a good highway run helps keep my engine oil cleaner than just putting around town.

And I have a whole stack of things I dragged up from the basement so I can take pix of them, and list them on eBay. Been cleaning out Der Boonker, and found a lot of stuff I'll never use, lost interest in, or had had doubles/triples of, so that stuff's going out, too.

I really don't need seven scanners here in NoCo, where one is sufficient. And I'll be thinning back the Heathkit Herd shortly, too. It was fun having the stuff for "Show and Tell" back in SoCal, but the Ham Community is completely different here, and I haven't found more than a couple of people I share interests with. I really don't need five Heathkit Shortwave receivers, either.

I finished getting the SB-401 transmitter back together, tested, and aligned, so that one and the matching SB-301 receiver will go on the block, too. That pair was an impulse buy one night, and while it was fun to rebuild them, using them on-the-air isn't a "1969 Time Machine", but then I suspected that. A 50 year old single-conversion receiver with fixed selectivity gives the results I expected. Fun to play with and use casually, but a bit lacking when the going gets tough.


Have a good three-day weekend, and you can put away the white belt and shoes now....

12 comments:

  1. Haven't owned a white belt, or white shoes, in 40 years. Think I wore them with leisure suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a quiet week. You all be safe and God bless, drjim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had a white belt, had white shoes back when I was a kid and the parents quickly discovered that me and white shoes are a no bueno.

    Glad to see you being active, and clearing out Der Bunker (checked various translation programs, and, yes, German for 'the bunker' is 'der bunker' so tell me, old high school teachers, why you recommended taking French to help with English?)

    How is the garage project going? No updates lately so I just assume you've been waiting out for cooler weather. Hope the next garage photo shows a good view of your next snow mangler... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a white web belt somebody gave me years ago, but I never wore it.

      The garage is undergoing some cleaning and reorg to accommodate the new snow blower. Now that my son is here, he can help me load some things in the trucks to take to the dump.

      An Ariens Deluxe 24 is next on the procurement list, once I recover some $$ from the radio purging and the Great Stereo Installation.

      Anybody want a TEAC A-4010SU?

      Delete
    2. Yay! I get to live my snow-blower life vicariously through you! Yay!

      Especially since that means I don't have to worry about that white crap. YAY!!

      Delete
    3. Thought you might be amused....

      Delete
  4. There comes a time to thin the 'herd', and sounds like you've reached that point. Good on ya, and money in the pocket!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have TOO MUCH STUFF. Things I'm never going to use, things I've lost interest in, doubles and triples of some items ("One Is None..."), and some things I have no idea where I got them from. Working on a set of Antenna Rotors for BillB, so that will help some.

      Delete
  5. I'm with Beans on this. Well done clearing out the bunker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Parson.

      I think I'll take some of the proceeds for my sales and get some more doge!

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...