Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Case Trimmers?

Well, the Brown Truck of Happiness has delivered my RCBS "Rock Chucker" kit, along with the dies and other goodies I bought, BUT I still need a case trimmer.

Seems like there's quite a few choices out there, and I'd rather go with suggestions from my friends out here that have the experience I still lack.

Since we won't be getting back until Sunday, I still have plenty of time to order one and have it waiting for me.

Recommendations, suggestions, and actual use reports are welcome and greatly appreciated!

.

5 comments:

  1. How many cases you plan on trimming? RCBS's trimmer works well, and the newer ones can even be attached to an electric drill. Unless you're doing massive volume, that one should work fine for you. If you plan to do a lot, go Dillon's power trimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that little deburring tool that came with your Rock Chucker Kit? I just chuck that up in the lathe and run it slowly. I think a half inch drill chuck would hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used the Lee manual trimmers with pretty good results, if you can afford the RCBS or the Dillon, go with it.
    I may be wrong for this, but I don't trim my pistol brass. It's usually worn out by the time the case is too long to load, in my experience. Rifle cases, OTOH, are trimmed every other loading. Just my .02

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everybody.
    I bought the RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual Case trimmer.
    I'm sure it will be more than enough for my needs.
    Murphy......I'll probably 200 30-30 cases a year. I *really* enjoy shooting my Marlin 336 now that I have the scope sighted in (THANKS Old NFO!) and it's getting 'broken in'. Seems the more I shoot it, the smoooother it gets!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...