Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Fall Is In The Air....

 The leaves have started turning here, and dropping, and I'm trying to make hay (aka "Yardwork") while the nice weather lasts. I've caught up on over half of my "Didn't Get Done in 2023" list, and have been keeping really busy with all the other projects I have.

And I just haven't felt like posting much. Maybe I can talk to OldAFSarge and see what he does when his Muse goes AWOL!

So between chasing grand kids, cutting firewood, fixing things on the house, and playing with the dog, I'm kinda busy.


I'm making great progress on the Fisher SR-2010 that I'm fixing. Found some more "25 Volt capacitors running at 24 Volts" that needed upgrading, and I finally got the right size dial cord to restring the dial pointer. The dial cord I had 'in stock' was a bit too big in diameter to smoothly go through the pulleys and guides, so I had to track that down and get some. Just another item requiring attention. 

And on the Supra front....

My son helped me roll it out and pressure-wash the engine bay, which had been marinating in Gunk for several days. I "missed" two small areas, but those will get hand cleaned when I get under the car to replace all the clutch hydraulics. I found receipts indicating the Original Owner had purchased NAPA parts for the this back in 2006. And his mechanic did a poor job of replacing it, using some "definitely wrong" hardware for the job. My new parts came with new hardware, so that will get addressed when I pull the master cylinder so I can repair where the leaking clutch fluid took the paint off the firewall.

I can see my bellhousing again!



This is one section of the intake manifold that I've port-matched to the gasket on both sides, and ground off all the casting flash and mold marks inside the runners, from end-to-end. Should flow much better as the port match was really bad.


Ms. Swan was quite happy to catch some rays and get a bath.


I'll try and get some shots of the Fall colors here. Only certain trees have flipped the switch, and they're quite striking to see.


Have a good rest of the week, and always remember to Checketh Thy Six!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil, please....

Fall Is In The Air....

 The leaves have started turning here, and dropping, and I'm trying to make hay (aka "Yardwork") while the nice weather lasts....