Heading to the indoor range Thursday after work with my son. I got him 500 rds of 40S&W for his Sig P226, and three spare magazines for his birthday, and we're gonna go turn some money into smoke and noise!
I also got him 500 rds of 17HMR for his Savage 93R17-FXP rifle (the one he regularly embarrasses me with!), but we have to hold off on going up to Angeles Shooting Range for a week or so until I can schedule a day off from work. I'm anxious to get up there to try the new rifled barrel, scope, and recoil pad I installed on my Remington 1100. I have a selection of slugs I want to try with it and see how they shoot with a rifled as opposed to smoothbore barrel.
Which reminds me....the "Box-O-Truth" did an article on slugs and buckshot through smooth and rifled barrels, and he shot some of the sabot slugs that are out there. They're about FOUR BUCKS a round ( ! ), so I probably won't order too many to start with.
I also want to try some of the Hornady LEVERevolution polymer-tipped rounds in my Marlin 336 30-30 rifle.
Looks like I'd better get that order in to Cabela's, Midway, or Sportsman's Guide tonight!
Admiral Yamamoto infamously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And so it should be, a nation of riflemen....
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Booger's Acting Up Again.....
Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys. Anyway...Seems like the Summer ...
-
On Friday, the 29th, and 1215pm local time. Surrounded by family and friends, and her two dogs. Things have been a bit hectic here, as expe...
-
Thanks for all the well-wishes on Facebook. Went to the Hu Hot Mongolian BBQ , and it was great, as always. And yes, all the memes saying ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it civil, please....