Saturday, March 20, 2010

RATS! Traffic Accident

Well, I wasn't in traffic, but it's still kinda-sorta my fault. I stopped for gas today, and pulled into the pump to fuel my Jeep. There was a guy in front of me, so I took the pump behind him, and fueled up. Wrote down the mileage, gallons, and price like I always do, LOOKED BEHIND ME since the other guy was still in front, and started to back up. Heard a BEEEEP-BEEEEEP! and then *crunch*.
Oh, shit.
Got out of the Jeep, and there was a 2008 Honda Civic _right_ behind me that I backed into. He wanted to know why I backed up, and I pointed to the guy in front of me who was still filling his car. Considering the Jeep is about twice as tall as his Civic, and he must have been _right on_ my bumper, I simply could NOT see him out the back window.
My trailer hitch punched in his grill and scraped the paint off his bumper, but no damage to those expen$ive headlights. His car must have been a re-paint, as the paint came off his bumper in big strips, which doesn't happen with the flexible OEM paint.
We both have the same insurance company, so it should be interesting to see how this plays out....

1 comment:

  1. Yep, friggin low cars suck... ESPECIALLY when they do that... I did the same thing 10-12 years ago to a Fiat X-19...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....