Monday, July 22, 2024

Looks Like Virtual Mirage Got Hit Again

 All I'm getting is a pretty much blank page with the name in the left corner. I never had the "redirect issue" when their router got hacked, but this time it looks like the (maybe?) got to the server.

I predict more Fun-and-Games as these "Interesting Times" continue to roll along.

Day 5 of the left eye cataract surgery is going well. I just about don't need to wear my glasses any longer, at least not for distances of 2" to about 20'. They still help a bit with driving, but the prescription is wrong for my new "IOL" (lens implant) which means waiting another several weeks for things to settle down so they can do an accurate eye exam. 

Still working on the Fisher stereo. Got all the light bulbs changed (finally!) and now I'm working on the bollixed up Main Tuning Capacitor and restringing the dial cord.

From The Supra Files..... 

I'd pulled the under hood insulation pad off several months ago with the intentions of cleaning it, and then recovering it. It was a miserable, disgusting mess on the underside of the hood, as the loosely woven soaked up all the oil vapors, and the fumes from the Olde Skool NON-sealed battery. I had to look for a decent picture of it for the "Before" shot, and then crop, resize, and pump up the detail. This is about the best I could come up with.


The black "scrim" covering was peeling off, and it was covered with soaked-in oil, and caked-on greasy mud.

After I pulled it off, I didn't touch the mess until the other day. I got really tired of looking at all the crud on the backside of the hood, so I cleaned it. This is after about ten hours of scrubbing with Simple Green, water with a squirt of dish washing soap, and then a water rinse and wipe down.

And it still needs some more cleaning, and I'll try to "color correct" the paint a bit. where it's still a little brownish. Some parts will need to be repainted, like the area of the frame that is hidden behind the two "pockets" on the leading edge. They're not down to metal, but the paint is eroded/degraded in the area, and it won't "buff right out".

Hope y'all have good week ahead, and you and your wingman have "No Incidents".

And remember......Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

 

 



8 comments:

  1. 4014 returns 6/26. I will be somewhere to see it, probably Tie Siding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for your vision healing quickly.
    I love that movie. Have watched it several times.
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always bad about cleaning the underside of the hood on my old cutlass 442. More than once I'd close the hood, jump in and 5 minutes later notice the black thumbprint on the rearview mirror or headliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! This is one of the few cars I've owned that I've gone to this level of detailing on. But yeah, I had my share of dirty paw prints left on stuff, too...

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Posting/Commenting Issues Solved.....<i>and One for Phil</i>.....

 By dumping Firefox. I've been using Firefox since Netscape morphed into it, and I've been very content until lately. It started ref...