R. Lee Ermey will be at the Major Surplus and Survival store tomorrow for their yearly Blow-Out Sale.
I'll be there in the morning helping a bit with the booth for the Iowa, and hopefully I'll be able to get him to autograph his book I bought some months ago.
It's a pretty good book, and one I wished was available years ago when I was younger. He has a lot of good advice in it, and I'm sure I would have taken much of it.
The only "guide" I had way back then was a copy of "The Blujacket's Manual" my Dad gave me.
While that book was pretty good, I felt it just didn't apply to me (hey, I was a young pup!), but I read it anyway, and still have it.
The last time I met Gunny was at "Old Fort MacArthur Days", and I was 100% impressed with the man.
He's a real gentleman in person, and even my girlfriend at the time thought he was pretty cool.
Admiral Yamamoto infamously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And so it should be, a nation of riflemen....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Booger's Acting Up Again.....
Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys. Anyway...Seems like the Summer ...
-
FOURTH time I've written this post. MY Muse has apparently vacated the premises, leaving me too busy doing other things to keep both m...
-
On Friday, the 29th, and 1215pm local time. Surrounded by family and friends, and her two dogs. Things have been a bit hectic here, as expe...
Gunny is good folks...
ReplyDelete