Thursday, January 17, 2013

*FINALLY* Feeling Better

After being knocked down by this damn flu bug for over a week, I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal again, just in time to pack my stuff up, and head out to sea again on Saturday.

I made a COSTCO run tonight and picked up a bunch of snacks and things for the trip, and I'll lug some of that in Friday moring.

2x 3lb bags of pistachios
2x 12 pack bags of beef jerky
100 packets of Emergen-C drink mix
1 LARGE bottle of glucosamine sulfate for my battered old knees
2 bottles of Robitussen
2 boxes of Chloroseptic throat lozenges
1 HUGE bag of Hall's Mento-Lyptus cough drops

And various and sundry other items.

I also bought a new set of headphones, as my Koss Pro-4AAT cans finally bit the dust.

I had to replace the cable between the earpieces a few years ago, and then the 1/8" stereo plug failed, and now the plastic has broken on one of the earpieces so it won't stay on the headband.

I found a set of Sony MDR-7506 Studio Monitor phones at a good price, and they're quite nice. They don't seal out the background noise as well as the Koss' did, but they sound very good, with solid bass, midrange, and treble.

They probably reproduce more frequencies than my ears can pick up these days, as in my youth I subjected myself to a LOT of open-exhaust race cars, and el-cheap-o aviation headsets that hardly blocked out the noise of the little Cessna and Piper aircraft I used to putt-putt around in.

But I *ALWAYS* wore ear protection (and eyes, too) when shooting.
.
.

4 comments:

  1. One more trip... Hang in there Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very tough to get back on the horse when it keeps moving. I am glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Your comments about hearing remind me of something Col. Jeff Cooper wrote once: "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of my ears."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah!
    Yeah, I remember reading that in one of his books.

    And thanks for reminding me of Col. Cooper. I've got a DVD about him that I haven't seen in years, and I'll toss it in my bag tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....