Just about finished electrically restoring my Drake R-4B receiver. Replaced all the non-ceramic, non-mica capacitors, and found three BAD tubes. Found a guy who makes exact replacement front panels, and scrubbed/polished/repainted the pointing lines on all the knobs. Still have to replace the two-wire line cord with a modern three-wire one, get the case shells redone, repaint the white dial-lamp reflector, install the "Kewl Blue" LED replacement lamps, and do the alignment.
Then I can start on the T-4XB and the MS-4 speaker. I've always wanted a set of the Drake Twins, and I'll finally have a nice set.
Now if I can just find the time to finish my TM-D700 installation in my Jeep......
Admiral Yamamoto infamously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And so it should be, a nation of riflemen....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Booger's Acting Up Again.....
Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys. Anyway...Seems like the Summer ...
-
FOURTH time I've written this post. MY Muse has apparently vacated the premises, leaving me too busy doing other things to keep both m...
-
On Friday, the 29th, and 1215pm local time. Surrounded by family and friends, and her two dogs. Things have been a bit hectic here, as expe...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it civil, please....