Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hellllo Radio.....

Just about finished electrically restoring my Drake R-4B receiver. Replaced all the non-ceramic, non-mica capacitors, and found three BAD tubes. Found a guy who makes exact replacement front panels, and scrubbed/polished/repainted the pointing lines on all the knobs. Still have to replace the two-wire line cord with a modern three-wire one, get the case shells redone, repaint the white dial-lamp reflector, install the "Kewl Blue" LED replacement lamps, and do the alignment.
Then I can start on the T-4XB and the MS-4 speaker. I've always wanted a set of the Drake Twins, and I'll finally have a nice set.
Now if I can just find the time to finish my TM-D700 installation in my Jeep......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil, please....

Meet Luna!

 Great name for our new pup, eh? She's camera shy, and "Red Eye Removal" doesn't work for dogs! She's two years old, p...