Well....I'm sitting here scratching my head......
My radio club runs a "Net" on Thursday nights, where we all gather around a local 2 Meter repeater, do the roll call, club officer check-ins, and swap information about upcoming events.
It's kind of like gathering around a radio-based cracker barrel, and a good way to keep in touch with friends and other club members between meetings.
Last Thursday night I tried repeatedly to respond to my call, but nothing happened.
Being a well prepared Ham, I grabbed one of my HT's (walkie-talkie to the non-hams here), and proceeded to check-in to the net.
Tonight I figured I should look into what the problems could be.
I swept the antenna with my analyzer from 144 to 148MHz, and all was well.
I connected the output of the radio to my power meter and a dummy load, and read 25 Watts output. I could also hear my audio just fine on an auxiliary receiver..
The CTCSS tone was properly set, and the "encode" function was enabled.
So, after a net for different group ended tonight, I keyed-up and called the repeater owner.
The radio sounds fine, and was "full quieting" into the repeater.
So at this point, I don't have a clue about what caused the problem last week.
Things have been running pretty smooth here lately on both the radio and computer ends of things, so maybe Murphy decided it was time to pay a house call.....