Saturday, December 17, 2011

Took My NRA Range Saftey Officer Class Today

I enjoy taking training classes, so when my instructor friend informed me last month he was running an NRA RSO class, I signed up.
It covered all the nuts and bolts of operating a range, and dealing with the public, from novice to advanced shooters.
We covered safety, emergency procedures, stoppages and malfunctions, and a variety of other mundane details related to the day-to-day operations on a range.
Didn't get any trigger time, but I did learn a lot, and met some nice people.
Long day, 10am to 8pm, but I got 98% on the written, and should have my RSO credential in 45~60 days.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, it's ALL about giving back to the community, and this is one way to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...