Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To start, I'm half Irish on my Mom's side, and half Polish on my Dad's side. Potatoes were a religion in my family! Every year on this day, my Mom would make up a big pot of corned beef, cabbage, and lots of potatoes. I never ate the cabbage (I hate the stuff!), but always chowed down on the corned beef. The best part was she made enough to make sandwiches for the rest of the week, and to this day, I drool over the thought of a corned beef on rye, with a dab of mustard.
So Happy Saint Patrick's day, everyone, and go easy on the green beer!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a happy one! I'm Mexican Irish and we celebrated by setting out Leprechaun traps with the kids and later reaping the golden chocolate coins.

    Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....