Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys.
Anyway...Seems like the Summer blew past without so much as a hello. Kinda like last Winter did. Especially with regards to precip. Praying for a good snowpack this year for us, and those downstream of us.
Supra work continues. The rear carpet has been installed, and just needs a little nip and tuck in places, and then it will get glued and clamped to the floor pan / door sill area while the glue sets.
I hit a big snag in the front, though. I missed a couple of areas that were marinated in broke fluid, and were down to bare, rusty steel. OOOPS! I found it when I was doing the final adjustments to the brake and clutch pedals, and pulled back some of the insulation on the firewall. Big, ugly, rusty, peeling paint, nasty splotches. Caused by the brake fluid from the leaky clutch master cylinder. It saturated the padding, and marinated the paint right off. Today's chore was removing the padding, cleaning the area, and then getting it down to clean, bare steel. Then I put a Phosphate coating on the bare steel. Tomorrow I'll clean it, mask off the area, and prime it.
I'll have some pix tomorrow. Promise.
Until then, keep Holy the Sabbath, and keep them heads movin' in their gimbels....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Keep it civil, please....