Friday, June 28, 2024

Cataract Surgery - One Week AAR and The Supra Files

 My right eye has improved steadily since the operation. I saw my Ophthalmologist yesterday, and after the examination he said it progressing normally from the day-after post-op, and will continue to steadily improve. He said I "Flirting with 20/20", and I was surprised how easy it was to read the eye chart with my glasses off. The first couple of days after required me to wear the Terminator-style wrap around DARK glasses they gave me so I wouldn't dazzled by the brightness increase. And WoW, colors really "pop" again.

As of tonight, my right eye is better than the left one, although a bit blurry a few times during the day. I hope the July surgery goes as well as this one did.

I'd post some pix of the Fisher receiver I'm going through, but they'd be boring! I'm working on getting the tuner in shape now, starting with the several mechanical maladies it suffered, like the main shaft falling out of the drive mechanism. Then I restring the dial cord, check a few things, and can proceed to the testing / check-out phase.


Ms Swan is enjoying her time in "Doc's Auto Spa" getting all cleaned up under the hood as I work on things. I finished removing all the intake plumbing on the left side of the engine. I cleaned it of the worst of the crud to make it easier to find and remove things. This gives me greatly improved access to several coolant hoses, the fuel filter and lines, the slave cylinder and flex hose for the clutch, and the starter.

WHEW!

I'm upgrading the alternator-to-battery cable along with the two battery cables to make best use of the new 100 Amp alternator. I've got all the Toyota Electrical Wiring Diagrams manuals, and had a set of the "schematics" laminated so I could flip between them faster, and not have them wear out from use. Since I had the manuals, and had figured them out, I started on the wiring harness containing the new power lead.

The plastic split loom tubing used to cover the wiring harness was disintegrating along its length and needed replacement, so it went in the trash bin, along with the plastic tape used to keep the wire bundle tight. I'll do the re-wrap with a fabric-type tape, and use new split-loom tubing to cover it. This section of wiring lived above the radiator underneath the white cross-piece in front of the engine, and was in a very hot environment.

And being as it's now Early Summer in the Rockies, here's some pix of pretty stuff.

These are by the garage.

More in front of the house.


And this is "Elf City", carefully constructed by two little boys with big imaginations. The parts get cleaned and put away in the Fall, and then brought out and put back together in the Spring. And it's constantly changing. Kinda like a Real World version of SimCity.


Enjoy the coming weekend! No, I didn't watch the "debate". I didn't want to ruin my mood for the weekend!

Check your six, keep your head on a swivel, and never, ever run out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas all at once.



4 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience with my Cataract surgery last year. When the first eye was done I was floored because it showed me my lens was so discolored it was like I had been looking through blurry sunglasses. I didnt know until I got the bandages off and the world was so Bright. I was also pleased 2 weeks after my second eye surgery was done I could see at nearly 20 - 20 and it got slightly better. Today for the first time in 35 years I can drive without wearing any glasses !!! I can see road signs when driving and fine print when setting at home. Huge change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah! It was like I have greasy fingerprints on my glasses. It's getting better daily, and I'm quite happy.

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Cataract Surgery - One Week AAR and <i>The Supra Files</i>

 My right eye has improved steadily since the operation. I saw my Ophthalmologist yesterday, and after the examination he said it progressin...