Well, the gf and I just returned home from watching the new Star Trek movie, in IMAX, no less.
It definitely had moments of brilliance in the acting, and the SFX were extremely good, but I thought (HERESY!) the plot was a bit thin in spots. I won't go into it because I don't want to spoil it for anybody who's planning on seeing it, so, NO SPOILERS!
The actors were superb for the most part, and I could see them "aging into" the characters on the original series. The first time Kirk sat in his chair, crossed his legs, and propped one arm on the armrest, you *knew* it was Kirk. The actors who played Spock and Dr. McCoy were just as good, and Captain Pike was great.
This was the first time I've seen a theatrical release in IMAX, and while it's not quite the same as seeing an IMAX *film* on the seven story high screen ( they use a DLP...Digital Light Processor instead of 70mm film ) at the California Science Center, it's better than any other "movie" I've ever seen. They made a big deal out of the 12,000 Watt sound system, but I didn't think it sounded any better than a good THX movie.
If you like Star Trek, by all means go see it. heck, even if you don't like Star Trek, but do like a good summer action movie, go see it!
Admiral Yamamoto infamously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And so it should be, a nation of riflemen....
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Booger's Acting Up Again.....
Seems like my feeds aren't updating. Makes it really annoying when trying to keep up wid all yous guys. Anyway...Seems like the Summer ...
-
On Friday, the 29th, and 1215pm local time. Surrounded by family and friends, and her two dogs. Things have been a bit hectic here, as expe...
-
Thanks for all the well-wishes on Facebook. Went to the Hu Hot Mongolian BBQ , and it was great, as always. And yes, all the memes saying ...
Thanks, I'll add it to the wish list... :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm planning on it, as soon as I get a full weekend at home!
ReplyDelete