Good Gravy it's been HOT here. We've 2~3 weeks of 95+, and today it hit 105*. It was 106* in Greeley, where Well Seasoned Fool and my son live.
We went to the Larimer County Fair last Saturday, and while it was hot, there were extra sun shelters set up with misters in them. Really felt better under one.
A front passed through Monday, and the temp went from 98.7* to about 80*. We were hoping to get a least get a sprinkle or two (20% chance per NWS), but it just sailed on through with no payload. BUT it's was downright cool here Tuesday and Wednesday, and very enjoyable.
Annnnnd today the heat returned. It "only" made it to 91*, but the humidity has been in the 30~35% range, making it almost sticky outside. The last two weeks when it was ~100* the RH was like EIGHT per cent, which at least made it tolerable.
Hope you all have a great week, and keep vigilant! Things are getting NUTZ out there....
We had 111 today with cooling later, sticky and t'storms in all quadrants - nothing here tho.
ReplyDeleteWe're watching the socialist nonsense out there and hoping for good and righteous leaders to prevail in the upcoming elections. Pray for that.
It only got to 96* today, and we had a light shower, but not really rain, and boy, de we need rain!
DeleteWe here in Florida have had some close-to-99 degree days but have been skimming around mostly in the high 80s to low 90s for the last couple weeks.
ReplyDeleteYeah, but you guys get hit with high humidity!
DeleteThis has been the strangest 12 months I can remember in Colorado. No snow last winter and, so far, no monsoons. I haven't seen one grasshopper. Still, a microburst hit from around Pierce and paralled Hwy 85 through Greeley. Broke power poles which started a fire near the intersection of Hwy 85 and Hwy 34. Vacant land but a homeless hangout. One woman was killed and one man severly burned; the authorities are still sorting it out.
ReplyDeleteI read that. Didn't know it was a homeless hangout, though.
DeleteIt's been one of the wetter summers that I can recall in the Arizona highlands. We've had some rain almost every day since July 1. It's those heavy monsoon rains that don't last long but deliver a lot of moisture over the course of an afternoon. The Phoenix Valley has been very hot with record breaking weather as hot as 120. I avoid that.
ReplyDeleteAt least you're getting rain. Dry as Death Valley here. I read something saying some farmers didn't bother to do a full planting in the Spring.
DeleteWe run 70-85% RH from May to early Nov. highs in the mid 90's from June to Mid Oct.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what we'd do with 30% RH.
Dehydrate? We had high humidity where I grew up, and it wasn't pleasant.
DeleteToday, Sunday, it is 95° F here in Bandera with about 50% humidity. It is not tolerable in the sun. But with a nice iced tea while sitting in the shade it can be tolerated.
ReplyDeleteYep, I can take 95~100* weather if the humidity is low, and there's shade. Last weekend we went to the Larimer County Fair, and I made sure I had the next shady spot picked out before I left the one I was standing in.
DeleteWe've been over 102 every day for a week! 107 yesterday, same predicted for today and tomorrow... It's 'warm'...
ReplyDeleteYowie....that's a bunch hotter than here. Getting any rain?
Delete