Saturday, September 9, 2023

20 Meter Vertical is Vertical Again!

 Should have had this up a few months ago, but the hip and the other issue kind of slowed me down.

Slid the mast section out of the Rohn 5' tripod I was using, and loosened up the mounting hardware a bit.

After a bit of wrangling it around, it was up solidly.

And it's plumb. The red indicator needle swings back and forth for quite a while, and this was how far the needle was swinging. Average out the swings, and it's as close to 90* as possible.

The plate that bolts on the ground rod, and the "PolyPhaser" surge protector is mounted.


I'm about 85% finished. I have to run a jumper from the choke balun down to the PolyPhaser, and then run the coax to the RF Entrance Box, and I'll be back on the air!




6 comments:

  1. Should be good sunspot numbers and F-layer openings on 20 this fall.. Good luck in the contest, OM. de W7GD -...-.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good on the DX Clusters, but I couldn't verify it without an antenna!

      Delete
  2. Looks good!

    I've been playing with ideas about getting on 60m. I've yet to come up with a way use my one vertical without messing up the other three bands I use it on (80, 40, 30).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've listened on 60M, but never heard much, and have never transmitted on it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yep! I have to make a jumper from the choke balun down to the surge supressor, and then run the coax to the entrance panel. I can make the jumper today, as I know how long it has to be, but I don't feel like running the coax today, as it's going to start raining here shortly.

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Meanwhile, Back On The Workbench......

 My next patient on the table is a Fisher SR-2010 receiver with no output.  Basic examination revealed a burned 100 Ohm, 1/4 Watt resistor, ...