Saturday, February 18, 2012

San Diego Air and Space Museum

My wife and I decided to take a long weekend, and head down to San Diego to see some things. This morning we went to the Air and Space Museum, and then headed over to see the USS Midway.
Well....the museum went well, but by the time we got out of there, traffic had gotten to the point that there was NO parking to be had in the lot for the Midway, OR in any of the neighboring lots.
Jam city!
So we headed over to Old Town San Diego, and things were even worse!
Tomorrow we'll go back to the Midway, early in the day, and see some of the other sights in the surrounding area.

In the meantime, enjoy my (poor) pictures from the Air and Space Museum.

4 comments:

  1. Remember, 250 feet (that's the length of the Cat), and 465 feet (That's the length of the 'runway')... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger that!
    We're headed out in about 10 minutes. I charged the batteries for my camera last night, and since 'digital film' is so cheap, I'm gonna shoot LOTS of pix today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 years ago, Mrs. Graybeard and I went to Dayton for the big hamfest. It's not a convenient drive from the Silicon Swamp, but everyone says "you must make it one time in your life". We reserved the day after to tour the Air Force museum at Wright Patterson AFB. It's really a must see. Most of us mere mortals won't get a chance to see these aircraft, let alone close enough to touch in many cases. If you get a chance - see it.

    I think that was my last trip on film. Really ought to scan them in...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...