Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Ring of Fire" at La Mirada Playhouse

The gf and I went to see "Ring of Fire" Friday night at the La Mirada Theater. It's a great place to go see plays and musicals, and we have a season ticket for two. "Ring of Fire" is what's called a "jukebox musical", where a group of songs from an artist are selected, and made into a play. "Mama Mia" is the same format, made from a group of ABBA's songs.
It was waaay better than I expected it to be, especially for opening night. The performers were absolutely first-class, and the selection of songs was excellent. They were in-tune, never missed a beat, never flubbed a lyric, and it was the best performance I've seen there.
If you live in the area and enjoy live music, go see it, you won't be disappointed!
And I'm off to the range now to see how well my Kimber 22LR conversion kit works. I'll post back later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil, please....

A Week With Luna....

 She's settling in quite nicely. She's very obedient, affectionate, friendly, and amazingly good with both our grandsons. She's ...