Monday, August 21, 2017

2017 Eclipse in SoCal....

Everybody else is posting about it, so......no, I wouldn't jump off a building if Johhny did it!

Got noticeably dark here this morning, more than I expected.

Made a "pin hole" camera with a piece of cardboard and some aluminum foil, and used it to observe a small bite taken out of the Sun.

I've seen greater totality before, so this was pretty ho-hum for me.

Back to your regularly scheduled whatever.......

Meanwhile, in Cheyenne, WY where out daughter-in-laws younger sister lives, she got this picture:

6 comments:

  1. It was overcast & raining here, so we saw nothing in the Anchorage area. Fairbanks had a pretty good view, but only about 30% occluded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got dimmer here this morning, but that was it.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a few. Busy driving, didn't notice anything other than traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen half-a-dozen or so. I'd been hoping we'd be in FTC by now, but.......

      Delete
  3. Yep, 2024 will bring one an hour away. I might even get up to go see it.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....