Friday, June 23, 2023

Post-Op Visit

Had my post-op appointment with "my" Urologist this morning. He was very buoyant about the Pathology/Cytology reports on the samples he sent them.


NO evidence of any type of malignancy; ALL the results were "Benign" or "Negative".


SLW breathed an audible sigh of relief. Or it might have been a sigh of resignation knowing she has to put up with me for the foreseeable future.
So the Nurse removed the catheter, and sent me home with instructions to return late in the afternoon.


Wasn't able to void, and I had 500mL they drained via the catheter that went back in.
Joy.


The Doctor was very hopeful that I would NOT need another procedure/surgery today, and it'll be interesting to see what he has to say at the next visit.


And my last Orthopedic visit is next week, where I expect to be pronounced Fit For Duty, Pending Other Medical Conditions....


I'll really be glad when this is in the rear view mirror, and I can close out the "Medical Blog" section!
Y'all have a good weekend, Blessed Sunday, and keep your head on a swivel.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer about the catheter going back in. I empathize with you.

    The rest of the information sounds good. You're still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking all along that I'm a prime candidate for the "Resection" procedure, aka "The Roto Rooter", but they have much more advanced technology now, and he explained it to me with pix and a model. Can't recall the name of the procedure, but it's a bit easier on all concerned.
      I don't know if he's heard yet that I have a cat back in, but I'm expecting a call, email, or text (usually all three) early in the week.

      Delete
  2. Had the roto-rooter. Three weeks of passing blood - otherwise no big deal. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the Doctor's going to recommend. We've ruled out anything really bad , I think, so it's up to him at this point.

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Meanwhile, Back On The Workbench......

 My next patient on the table is a Fisher SR-2010 receiver with no output.  Basic examination revealed a burned 100 Ohm, 1/4 Watt resistor, ...