Friday, July 25, 2014

I Picked A GREAT Time To Retire!

WELL.....we had an "All Hands" meeting today, and the outlook is grim.

They're planning on doing some serious layoffs "sometime in August".

Hey, I volunteer!

Lay me off, and I'll happily collect unemployment until October when my SS is scheduled to start.

Seriously, the COO and CEO were there, and they truly sounded pained over having to tell us what's coming down the road.

Unfortunately, I think this may very well mark the beginning of the end for the company.

Considering that many of the operations support people left good jobs to come back, and were met with numerous unfulfilled promises, I think the chances of any of them coming back if called are slim to none, no matter how much the company says it "appreciated" all the hard work and sacrifices we all made.

I think I'm starting to hear nails being driven......

2 comments:

  1. Get out while the getting's good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timing... GOOD timing on your part anyway... Feel for the younger folks though!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....