Wednesday, August 4, 2021

OUCH! I-70 Closed Until October, Son Gets Detoured.....

 He was going to come on the Southern Route, taking I-40 through AZ and NM. Well....he changed his mind, and was planning on taking I-70 through CO to get here.

As the headline says, I-70 is closed due to mudslides and other weather-related issues. Google Maps is telling him to take the 13 North out of Rifle up to the 40, and then come across and down to Denver, and then up to here on the I-25.


At least he can stop at Shooters for lunch....

6 comments:

  1. Wow...THAT is a helluva detour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sure is! I warned him yesterday when he was in Vegas to go up through SLC and then across on I-80 to Cheyenne, but......

      Delete
  2. If it is not too late, advise him to head from Grand Junction to Montrose on US 50 and stay on US 50 to I-25. It is out of his way but US 40 is one massive traffic jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just copied him on your directions.

      Delete
    2. Agreed, that would be a much better route since so much diverted traffic will be on Hwy 40.

      Delete
  3. Wow. This is late, but God watch over him and get him there safely.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....