Thursday, July 19, 2018

Weekend Activities

Will probably amount to "not much". We have the little guy every Friday night through Saturday evening, and then The Kids came back on Monday or Tuesday to get him in the pool. He just loves bobbing around in his floaty, and his Mom has been working with him and a mini paddle board to teach him to kick. Still pretty much a frog kick, but he'll get it.

And he took three steps at his cousin's first birthday party and I missed it! He wanted to get from the play table over to his Daddy, and there wasn't anything between them to use as a hand hold. Sure enough I looked away only to hear everybody cheer. He goes up and down the stairs here like a rocket now that he's figured it out. He'll definitely be walking/running this summer, so we've laid in the required supplies for skinned knees and elbows.

And I've been sanding away on the rear spoiler to get all the paint I screwed up taken off. And of course, in sanding the new and old paint, I severely thinned out the original paint in several spots. So this weekend I'll be doing the final flattening and priming of the rear spoiler. It's getting to the point where I really want to get a compressor, dryer, lines, and a detail gun or touch up gun. That means buying paint, thinner/reducer, mixing cups and sticks, strainers, a proper respirator, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I haven't thought of yet. For the small amount I'd run the compressor, a 10' cord with a 240VAC clothes dryer plug would work fine.

Time to hit craigslist, I guess.......

11 comments:

  1. Good luck on the cord. Hope you can just buy one already made. If not, the pieces-parts are easy to assemble. Just remember to flip the breaker off before playing. Ask me how I know! (I think the left little toe still glows in the dark....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! Yeah, been doing this stuff since I was 10 years old. I'll buy the plug and cordage online as it's much cheaper than going to Home Depot....

      Delete
  2. You are always very industrious and now that you have more elbow room, it seems as though it's even better. I never thought of setting up my own paint shop, but you are an inspiration, my friend. And you're out of CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LL. I don't feel industrious...just want to get the damn car presentable so I can drive it. It's been sitting too long, and I might take it out this weekend just to get the oil pumped around and keep the brake discs shiny!

      Delete
    2. And yeah, being out of Kalifornia means I can now buy REAL paint and supplies. None of that water-based BS anymore....

      Delete
  3. Taking the paint and spoiler to a paint shop would be another option I’d consider. After all you don’t want to run out of elbow room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. With your skills, maybe a barter arrangement at some body shop is worth exploring.

      example: https://www.setitoffpaintandbody.com/

      Delete
    2. @Driftwood: Yup, I'll have to be careful what size compressor I get as I don't want to pull the garage apart to make space for it.

      If I break down and start hauling parts to a body shop I'll leave the choice of materials to the, All I need is Toyota paint code 040, "Super White II", properly sprayed, and I'll be happy.

      Delete
    3. @WSF: That's the kind of place I'm looking for! I also need an upholstery shop for the door cards and stuff. One of the family went to "Stitchmasters" and was very happy, but there's also "Joe's Auto Upholstery" in Old Town I want to stop by.

      Interior work is down the road a ways, but I want to start talking to shops about it.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the little one! He'll keep your exercise level UP chasing him down...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's pretty quick.

      Or I'm pretty old!

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....