Sunday, January 1, 2017

***YAWN*** Happy New Year!

Lots of fireworks around here last night, and something I hadn't noticed in previous New Year's Eves.....gunfire!

Drove the dog nuts, and I had to give her a couple of Benadryls to get her calmed down.

I just hope the "people" shooting off guns were shooting them into the ground.

Every time I heard somebody start to dump a magazine, I'd start counting shots.

EVERY time it was 15 shots or 17 shots. Every. Single. Time.

So, hey Kommiefornia....how's that "High Capacity Magazine" ban working out for you? Pretty good, huh?

And I could have sworn I heard somebody rip off a string of shots in full-auto.

Considering were only a mile or so South of infamous North Long Beach, it was probably a banger bangin' away....

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're being given a 17-round salute on your way back to America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I hadn't thought of it that way, but I hope you're right!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sure hope so. After my wife retires in June, at the end of the school year, we'll get shifted into high gear to buy a place in Fort Collins, sell this house, and get outta SoCal!

      Delete
  3. When I was in school in Tempe AZ, I was riding my bike home one night and someone mag dumped on full auto. I could hear brass tinkling as it hit the street...

    Head down and peddles spinning after that!

    zuk

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...