Monday, October 24, 2016

Rainy Days....

Didn't get any automotive work done this weekend because by the time I got ready to go out on Sunday, it was raining.

And it rained today, too.

Had a bunch of indies work to do. I rebuilt a laptop for a local non-profit group, and got most of the audio interface box I'm building for the Iowa finished.

Our CTO, who served on the Iowa from 83 to 89 (I think) and is a computer guy, built up a Raspberry Pi to act as an audio playback device. We'll use this box to interface to The Coke Machine and route audio up to one of the bridge speakers, where our visitors will hear such things as "Helmsman, 30 degrees to port", along with other bridge commands.

And I found out today from my quarterly Doctor's visit that I've lost 15 pounds from the last time I was there.

Now to keep it off.....

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! The older I get, the harder it is to lose even a single pound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost most of it during the 7 week suspension flog on the Supra.

      Even just puttering around in the garage cleaning things up burns more calories than sitting at the keyboard or yakking on the radio, so I'm trying to keep that activity going.

      Lord knows the garage needs a LOT of clean-up work, and I've started sorting through stuff to get rid of before we move.

      I'll be spending a lot of time photographing stuff, and listing it on eBay and Craigslist over the next few weeks!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 pounds surprised me. I knew I'd lost about 10, but it looks like our bathroom scale reads higher than the one the Doctor's office uses.

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...