Saturday, September 17, 2016

Small Block Chevy Time Lapse Rebuild

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know I've posted this before.

I like it. It's cool. Watch it again.

Pretty low-perf engine they started with. Two-bolt mains, cast iron crank, cast pistons, pressed-in rocker studs, no push rod guide plates (only used with screw-in studs), and a two barrel intake manifold.

But they rebuilt it properly, with an overbore and hone, decked the block and surfaced the heads, installed hardened valve seats and a roller-type timing chain. The intake manifold and carb they used are Edelbrock street performance types, and I bet that little motor just purrs......



2 comments:

  1. Or you can stroke a check for $2,500 or so and get up to 400 h.p. with a warranty.
    http://www.high-performance-engines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but that's not my style.....

    I've lost track of how many engines I've rebuilt. Everything from just throw new bearings in it and pray it stays together, to full-on race engines.

    Even "hot rodded" a couple of lawn mower and yard tractor engines!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it civil, please....

Gloomy, Gritty, Grey Day

 At 1700 local it's as described in the headline; 30*F, 88% RH, completely overcast, snowing like crazy (small flakes, but lots of them)...