Just been busy.
I boogered up the threads on the end of the Strut Control Rod by improperly removing it (long story...), so I had to get some BIG metric taps and dies to clean up the external threads on the rod, and the internal threads in the nut.
Would have greatly preferred to use "Rethreading" taps and dies, as they remove less metal, but the "repair" came out OK, and the nut still has an acceptable level of "looseness" to the way it fits.
And I'll use some BLUE Loctite on it when I reassemble it!
Got this done after I made the post....
Old control arm bushing is pressed out, and the new Energy Suspension
bushing is pressed in.
Used a combination of long bolts, nuts, washers,
and a couple of sockets to press it out. Pressed the new polyurethane
bushing in with a big "C" clamp and my bench vise, and then got the
inner metal sleeve centered with the same long bolt and nuts I used to
press the old one out.
The ball joint checks out OK...NO play at all in
it. I'll clean as much of the old grease (which is clean) out of it as I
can, replace the rubber boot which is split, and relube it with Mobil 1
synthetic grease. Then I can put the lower control arm and strut back
in, and be DONE with the driver's side of the car!