Friday, June 27, 2014

Field Day Weekend

Well, the annual "Pilgrimage to the Hill" is upon us, and I'm going to start loading up the trailer shortly.

This will most likely be the last Field Day I'll do with "my" radio club, as explained in my "Terminal Burnout" post from a week or so ago.

I'd rather do Field Day from my back yard next year than lug everything out to the upper reservation of Fort MacArthur like I've been doing since 1996.

*IF* somebody else in the club steps up for next year, then *MAYBE* I'll go out again, but at this point I just don't care to do it anymore.

Or maybe do Field Day from the Iowa next year.

I'll grab some pix, but considering we'll only be operating two stations (class "2A") this year, it might not be worth taking any.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'm going to skip Field Day. Too many other things to take care of, in the wake of having to replace my car. I suppose I could put the AA pack on the FT-60 and talk simplex for a bit from the back yard, if I get inspired.

    Yeah, hear ya on the burnout. I've seen this sort of thing before, and had a bit of my own too. I think the 1st club I joined might go Tango Uniform next year, because the current Pres. is (rightfully) burned out. He's looking to me, I think, and I'm more than willing, but not if I'm the lone ranger, and I'm not hearing anyone else stepping up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, jed!

      Things have been so bad at my club that we don't hold elections anymore. Whoever wants to be an officer will run unopposed, and then we confirm the new year's slate of officers by a voice vote!

      Delete

Keep it civil, please....

Annnnd.....We Got Zip.....

 Total snow was about 6~8", but half o0f it melted as soon as it hit, and we never had more than 3" on the ground at any one time....