Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Radio

Just got home from work, and I'm going to try and finish doing a good cleaning job on the copper-plated chassis of my Drake R-4B. One of the things I've found works quite well is bore cleaning patches. Soft, absorbent, and very flexible. WAY better than paper towels wadded up into little pads, and they last longer than Q-Tips or other swabs.
After that I have a few more mods to do, clean the PTO shaft and carefully lube it, and I'll change out the old, crusty line cord for the new one. I'll have to open up the hole in the chassis for the new bushing, but that shouldn't be too hard. The do the alignment, and she'll be ready to go, just waiting on getting the case shells redone. Ummmmmm...POWDER COAT, and by the same company that painted them for Drake back in the 60's.
Then on to the transmitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil, please....

Meet Luna!

 Great name for our new pup, eh? She's camera shy, and "Red Eye Removal" doesn't work for dogs! She's two years old, p...